Not getting any email notifications

Kfir Marouani September 9, 2020

Hi,

I have the following email notification settings:

image.png

but i'm not getting any of them.

what am i missing? 
(And yes - I've check the Junk/Trash/Spam folders - nothing)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2020

Hello @Kfir Marouani,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking your email on our tools, I found a bounce regarding the following error:

550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid.

I removed the bounce and the notifications should work now.

If it still doesn't work, please let us know the details @Nir Haimov asked so we can better investigate what is happening.

Regards,
Angélica

Mike Jurmo January 14, 2021

@Angélica Luz, I am having the same exact problem described in this ticket. Can you see if the same fix might work for me?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hello @Mike Jurmo,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our support and they already removed the block.

If you face any issues or have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Pranesh Deshpande February 3, 2021

@Angélica LuzI am having the same exact problem not getting any notifications when do the changes in Jira. Can you please help me? 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 3, 2021

Hello @Pranesh Deshpande,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

There was indeed a bounce on your email address that was preventing the notifications to be delivered.

550: 550-Invalid recipient ...@... 550 (#5.1.1)

I removed and it should work now.

Please, take your time to test and if you face any issues, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Pranesh Deshpande February 4, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

Thank you for quick fix, I'm started getting the jira notifications, but along with notifications it has 2 attachments coming one is text file and other is html file which i don't need actually.

Thank you for your effort.

Regards

Pranesh

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2021

@Pranesh Deshpande, can you share a screenshot of the notification with us? Just make sure to hide private information.

Which mail client are you using?

Is it affecting other users?

Pranesh Deshpande February 7, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

No it is not affecting other users only for me notifications are coming with these attachments when created an issue.

Regards

Pranesh

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2021

Thank you for the details, @Pranesh Deshpande.

These attachments ATT00001.txt and ATT0002.htm are related to an issue with Outlook/Exchange and not Jira.

I found some articles that may help you with that:

Hannah Coffin February 23, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

I am also not receiving any emails, but my settings are set up the same way. This seems to have happened to me as of yesterday (2/22) morning. Is there also a bounce on my email address? I am confused why it was working before but no longer.

Thanks!

Hannah

UPDATE: This actually seemed to have been temporary, and this is all set now!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Ahsan Noor August 1, 2023

Hi @Angélica Luz
I'm also not receiving any email notification from jira, mentioned or task moving etc even my jira setting is ok as provided in first question.
even we are not receiving email notification on our company domain auxilium digital
let me know if you can fix as soon as possible.

Thanks

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2023
Like Ahsan Noor likes this
0 votes
Nir Haimov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2020

Hi @Kfir Marouani 

Are you the only one not receiving email notifications?

Did you check the Jira mail queue?
To see that notification emails are actually going to the queue and flashed out without any errors?

Note that you will not get email notifications for yourself for things you done, for example:
you will not get "ticket created" notification for tickets you created.
you will not get "ticket assigned" notification for tickets you assigned yourself.
you will not get "mentioned" notification for cases you mentioned yourself.

You need someone else to mention you, assign to you, and so on...

If you did everything i said, and everything seems to be ok and still not working.

I would suggest you to open ticket to Atlassian, as you have cloud instance and you can't check the Jira logs (like in Jira server) to find the problem yourself.

Ahsan Noor July 31, 2023

Hi @Angélica Luz
I'm also not receiving any email notification from jira, mentioned or task moving etc even my jira setting is ok as provided in first question.
even we are not receiving email notification on our company domain auxilium digital
let me know if you can fix as soon as possible.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events