Not able to edit multiple links of issue in an issue

Hi Team

I have added multiple link of issues to an issue by calling a post function on the click of create button in a workflow.

But since there is no edit option available in the workflow,I am unable to add multiple links to an issue.

Please advise further.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Ankur

1 answer

0 votes

I'm not sure what the question is here - you've talked about a post-function to add links but I don't know what that has to do with the edit in the workflow (or even what "edit in the workflow" means - do you mean the transition screen where you can update fields during a transition?)

Yes I am talking about the update fields during transition

Ok, so what's the post-function relevance, and what are you actually trying to do?

Problem - I want to add multiple link - issues to an issue while I am editing an issue.

When I am creating an issue , I am able to add multiple links through a post function which is called in the workflow of creation.

The same thing I want to achieve is when I am doing edit to an issue.

Since edit is not part of any workflow , hence I am unable to do the same.

Please advise.

Ah, I see.

No. The Edit function does not have post-functions.

Your options are to move Edit into the workflow (so don't allow your users to edit directly, just move through the flow) or do your link additions as a listener instead of a post-function. A listener can pick up "issue updated" events thrown by the edit function and act on them.

Thanks a lot Nic

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

29 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you