Not able to access Jira application settings - Your operation is taking longer than usual

Jeroen July 16, 2019

Hi!

I am admin (not the only admin) of my company's Jira and Confluence Cloud product. When I try to go to the Jira application settings from admin.attlassian.com, I get the message that "Your operation is taking longer than usual", and to try again after a few minutes or otherwise open a support issue. Well, it has been a few days and I still can't access my Jira application settings, which is very annoying.

I've tried both Chrome and Firefox, and both in Incognito mode as well, and I have erased all browser cookies and emptied the cache. 

This happens only on the Jira settings page, I can go to either Confluence or any other page in Jira, without any issues, but when I try the settings, it times out. 

Can you please help me with this one? 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2019

Hi Jeroen,

I see that there was a Cloud support case created for this problem over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-493826

It appears that for some reason your account might not have been added to the group granting Jira admin permissions in that site.  I don't know what might have caused that.  I do show your account as being a site-admin for that URL.  I hope this is resolved at this time, but if not please let us know either way.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer