Not Seeing All Settings on New Project?

Phillip D April 4, 2018

Sorry if this already existed but I couldn't find any answers. I think it has to do with new / beta features (I see BETA next to the backlog and there's a feedback option in the menu) and all the older answers were referencing things that have obviously changed

A user created a new project and did something different than we normally do. I was going to go in and update it so that it's using our normal workflow schemes and such. But all the settings are missing so I can't even get there.

I expand settings for the project and there's only four options:

• Details
  • People
  • Issue Types (NEW)
  • Features (NEW)

I don't see Workflows, Screens, Fields, etc. None of the normal stuff. It looks like it was created as a simplified agile project? Is there a way to convert it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 4, 2018
Phillip D April 4, 2018

I don't think they were an admin. That looks like what I'm seeing. My next plan after I figured this out was to go make sure our settings were right to not let just anybody create a project. But this explains it.

I'm not seeing anything about being able to convert an independent project into a normal project though? I have to just delete it and have the team come up with a new key since they can't use the one from the project I'm going to have to delete?

Yes, I was informed of this update in time to limit the user groups to just admins who are able to create independent projects. The permissions for independent project creation are located in the Global Permissions screen.

Phillip D April 4, 2018

Thanks @[deleted]! I'll update that too.

Do you know if they can be converted? I figure that might be a new question that I should ask separately but if you know the answer or know that it's not possible I can probably skip it.

Hi @Phillip D,

If you were not able to access the other settings such as Workflows, etc. I have to assume that those particular projects cannot be converted. 

I would like to be wrong on this assumption though as it only creates more work for admins in the end.

Filip Matošić September 11, 2018

Just found that the classic project has all the stuff in the settings

Like Tomáš Peťovský likes this
Tomáš Peťovský September 25, 2019

Exactly, if you choose "next-gen project", many things are missing even yet! It looks like unfinished beta ;-(

Suggest an answer