Normal .txt file upload

Aftab_Akhtar September 3, 2019

How can i upload a normal TXT file? it brings up an error. 

2 answers

0 votes
Laurie Egbert July 8, 2021

I would like to also have the answer to this question posted by someone at Jira or a Community Lead. We require txt files be included with some types of tickets. 

Testing upload of all file types to SD Portal.png

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

Hi @Aftab_Akhtar 

Where and how are you uploading the txt file? What is the file size? what is the error?

@Fazila Ashraf  on a helpdesk comment to a client of mine. I have clicked add an attachment and it did not upload and showed an error. 

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

What is the error?

So you are uploading it from a service desk portal? Or in the service desk ticket? What is your access permissions? Do you have enough rights to create attachments?

@Fazila Ashraf  a service desk ticket. so I can add attachment and I also have admin access. is there a way that i can add the access to be able to assign .txt attachments?

Suggest an answer