No email after creating issue (secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa) sending after create issue in portal works fine

Jeffrey Koning November 22, 2016

Hello,

I have some problems with receiving an email after creating an issue for a different reporter than myself.

image2016-11-22 11:52:11.png

For some reason the creator don't receive an email. Creating an issue (by CorwinBreenExtern) in the portal works fine because I receive an email within seconds.

I already test to send a test email (secure/admin/SendTestMail!default.jspa) and this works fine.

image2016-11-22 12:2:33.png

image2016-11-22 11:55:7.png

Can someone help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

Corwin,

couple of questions:

1. was this working at any time?
  2. have you checked w/ other reporters or just your "extern"?
  3. have you checked the "Customer Notifications" to ensure it is set to notify customer on Create?
  4. What about other events, e.g. transitions, respond to customer, resolve issue?

Keep in mind that there are two notification levels w/ JSD. The normal JIRA notification scheme which is where you found the Notification helper and then the Customer Notifications which is unique to JSD and specific to your customers. Also, what does the "Learn more" link offer to you in the Notification helper? I wonder if there are clues there.

Suggest an answer