No Admin user installed

Adam Radestock April 17, 2013

After installing Jira successfully, I cannot login using the credentials specified in the setup, and the SQL database does not contain any users at all.

HELP?!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Adam, have you tried to set the password directly in the DB as specified here? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator#RetrievingtheJIRAAdministrator-2.Setthepassworddirectlyinthedatabase

If that user does not exist at all then your install may have gone south, and (since you can;'t even log in) re-installing should not be a loss.

If you are using crowd, or another external directory the solution may differ, so let us know.

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for that, but I've followed the instructions on that page, and there are no users listed when I run

selectchild_name, directory_id fromcwd_membership whereparent_name='jira-administrators';

So it would appear that it didn't create the admin user on setup...
How do I go about resetting the installation so that I can try again?

0 votes

Found the uninstall instructions here, so I'm going to do that and try the install again.
Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer