It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next-gen Project - setting default assignee for different bugs based on selected component Edited

I have created a set of components to be selected when filing a Bug (Issue type). I want to define a rule to assign the "Bug" to someone specific based on the selected "Component". Also would like to get a notification done to a specific email when the "Bug" is filed. This is the workflow I was using in Bugzilla. I looked around but don't see how to do this using next-gen project in Jira.

Appreciate any pointers.

thanks,

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright Community Leader Oct 06, 2019

Hi @Rahul Gupta

In Next-Gen this isn't possible at this point with components, as they're not available at this point - see JSWCLOUD-17601

There are some available custom fields like the labels field you could use (click here for a list) - but you'd need to consider an app like Markus suggested for the second part.

Is there a need to use Next-Gen for this? In Classic, you could:

1. Create a set of components in your project
  2. Make the assignee based on the component lead, and set the lead for each
  3. Add the component lead to the "issue create" notification if you want them to be notified

^ For sending to a single email address - you can send a notification to any single user. You could either send it to an existing user, or you could add a general email as a user and send the email when it is resolved or closed.

This resolves your need using Classic :)

Ste

Thanks Stephen. I will stay with Classic for now and wait till Next-gen incorporates these capabilities.

Like Stephen Wright likes this

Hi @Rahul Gupta

I would recommend checking out CodeBarrel's plugin Automation For Jira. You'll definitely be able to do this with that. 

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks for the pointer Markus.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

864 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you