Next-gen: Does the epic "color" field exist? I would like for it to change on an automation trigger.

Sheen February 8, 2021

Hi everyone!

Hoping I could get some insight on this issue. We are in next-gen and the epic colour pertains to the roadmap view.

I've been trying to automate the epic colour on the trigger "task assigned" to a certain person/group. 

2021-02-08_11-04-40.png

However, I don't see the "change color" or "assign color" option on the actions to perform list.

2021-02-08_11-04-21.png

So for example, I am trying to achieve:

1. I assign an epic to Content 001.
  2. Automation will trigger on issue assigned.
  3. Automation condition will proceed depending which user it is assigned to.
  4. Epic colour changes to purple

If assigned to Content002, it changes to green, if assigned to xyz user, it changes to orange, etc. etc.

I tried looking for the field itself via automate.io too and did not see the color field pop up there either.

Does this field exist yet? Has someone achieved what I am trying to do in next-gen roadmap?

Also, if there is an existing issue that I can vote on, I would love a link so I may do so.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
ERIC KIM January 17, 2022

Edit issue, select More options and add the below to Additional fields:

{
"fields": {
"customfield_10017": "orange"
}
}

I never created a custom field and had no idea what that code was referring to, but it just worked magically. Why Atlassian doesn't just expose the field name is beyond me.

NOTE:

Following previous examples gives an error when using ghx-label-* but you are given these options:

[purple, blue, green, teal, yellow, orange, grey, dark_purple, dark_blue, dark_green, dark_teal, dark_yellow, dark_orange, dark_grey]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events