Next Gen Projects Cant find issues based on previous status?

David White March 31, 2021

I've spent hours trying to get JQL to find a list of issues based on previous status. I've tried many different queries and am still stuck.

Please do not tell me this is another feature Next-Gen doesn't offer....

Examples I've tried:

project = KEY and status changed during (-7d, now()) and status WAS "Ready for Dev"

project = KEY and status changed to ("Ready for Dev") AFTER -7d

project = KEY and status changed TO ("In Dev") FROM ("Ready for Dev")

JQL tells me all are valid and I get the green check mark. But get NO issues found. 
When I removed the WAS clause I get a ton of results. 

Please do not tell me I have to migrate my entire project to a Classic project for such a basic and necessary function....

2 answers

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2021

Hi @David White 

I've tried your JQL query and it worked for me on Next-Gen. 2021-04-03_16-18-30.png

If you are looking for a way to get changes in statuses, you can try Dynamic Filters: JQL Replacer & Gadgets add-on. It was developed by my team to set queries without JQL knowledge. 

You need to select options with help of Smart Field Manager:

status changed.png

Then, choose the created Smart Field and get the result: 2021-04-03_16-53-29.png

Hope you find it helpful.

Regards

David White August 18, 2021

Hello @Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_ 

Were you able to get the JQL working without your add-on or are you stating it worked WITH your add-on? No budget for add-ons at this time.

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2021

Hi @David White 

Yes, it worked without the add-on, just JQL advanced issue search.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

@David White Welcome to community.  

Unfortunately it is a limitation of Next-Gen projects and has been for sometime.  I was not able to find a feature request when I searched but would think that there is one.  Regardless I would suggest submitting one here System Dashboard - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Suggest an answer