New Project from shared configuration

Justin Rogers June 1, 2018

Hi,

Created a Kanban project with custom workflow, screen and issue schemes.
When I create a new project and select "Create with shared configuation", the new project doesn't have the Kanban board, how do I get this back, or, how do I configure the existing project to allow the board to be used?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2018

Hello Justin and welcome to Community!

Creating a project with shared configuration will only use the schemes from the chosen project: workflows, issue types, screens, etc. There isn't any board scheme so it isn't included.

You can copy an existing board though, see documentation.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Justin Rogers June 1, 2018

Hi, thank you for the response, how do I create a board scheme?

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2018

Sorry I may not have been clear: board schemes do not exist. The only solution is to copy an existing board :)

Like Rafael Duarte likes this
Pedram Mireftekhari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Or simply create a Kanban or Scrum board

1 vote
piernicolo.pinna December 13, 2019

Hi there,

I have the same issue, there is no way to copy the configurations and also the project type? For project type I mean "Scrum project" or "Kanban project". 

I created three standard templates with all the configurations that I would use for all my future projects, but I can't use the function "With shared configurations" just because I am not able to create a new Scrum project but only a project without any scrum functions inside.

How could I manage this?

Suggest an answer