Nested fields creating issue

Simone.Cerrato May 19, 2022

Dear community

I would need to create issues getting data from an event calendar I actually have on an excel file (csv). I would like to have user select the event where the issue has happened, selecting it through a nested workflow..

es: Tournament -> season -> matchweek -> match

Each field should contain filtered items depending on the previous choice

I tried with the app External Data for Jira Fields which is working with excel, but the nested workflow is not possible on the create issue screen... any ideas?

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This type of field is usually called a "cascading select" or "cascading select list".

Jira has a 2 layer cascading select list built in, (but it's not that functional in service management requests, only really works properly on issues), but you need 4 layers.

There are other apps available in the marketplace that will do it, but my long-term go-to for this one has been https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5008/multi-level-cascading-select?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Simone.Cerrato May 21, 2022

Thanks Nic

How do you get the data for the selction? do you need to insert it manually when creating the field or can you read an external source?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

Select lists are populated with "options".  You enter these into the field's configuration in the admin section for custom fields.

Simone.Cerrato May 22, 2022

Yes NIc, this is clear to me, but this fields should populate dinamically with the data I have in the CVS file, which will have hundreds of rows.. it is not feasible to insert data manually in the field's configuration..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events