Needs some opsbar-sequence property key examples

I've read all the docs I can find about setting the order of the available workflow options and I understand everything up to the point of actually setting the valueds for the opsbar-sequence property key. I have 4 available transitions from a workflow step and I want to put them in a specific order. How do I figure out the values to use to get them that way?

Thanks,

Kathy

JIRA 4.3.4

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes

I'm not sure there is an example here. You set the properties. Jira reads the numbers and shows the transitions in the order low to high.

I usually use them in 10s, so there's space for inserts later, and I usually consider the workflow as a whole, so transitions later in the flow, like "close" will end up with higher numbers.

e.g. Open -> in progress 20, in-progress -> on-hold 30, Resolve 40, close 60

that's how we set it up too. works as expected

oh! lightbulb moment! I'm setting the opsbar-sequence property on the individual transitions. I thought I was setting it on the whole step. Thanks for clarifying that.

We had done it by editing the workflow xml.

Example:

Each transition will start with <action id="xx" name = "yyyy"> & end with </action>, so we took each block & ordered in the way as required. Once done import the Worklow by XML.

Ooh, no, that's painful to do and won't work if you've got shared transtions. It is the only method that works on older Jira versions though

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot