Need to build Oracle Analytics Report based on JIRA

Sai Shyam Pasupuleti April 25, 2019

Need to build Oracle Analytics Report from JIRA data using REST API.

I have the below REST API of JIRA but unable to call it from Oracle Analytics. Can anyone guide me if they have some information on this.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

"I have the below REST API of JIRA but unable to call it" - could you explain why you are unable to call it?  It's a standard REST API, well documented and always available, so when someone says they "can't call it", we have to ask why they can't (because we can).  What are you doing and what are the error messages?

Sai Shyam Pasupuleti May 1, 2019

Thanks Nic for your response

I am calling the REST API using POSTMAN and getting the Unauthorized Error even after passing the valid credentials.

I believe it will work with OAuth 1.0 and I would like to know the procedure for this and will be helpful if any would provide me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2019

If you are getting an "unauthorised error", then either

• You are using an account that does not have access
  • The credentials you are sending are wrong
  • You are not using Oauth correctly
Sai Shyam Pasupuleti May 1, 2019
  • You are not using Oauth correctly

Can you let me know the process on how to use OAuth 1.0

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2019
Mohammad Rafi Ansari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 30, 2020

@Sai Shyam Pasupuleti  - Were you able to create a report in Oracle cloud analytics using REST API's? I need some help with that.

0 votes
Sai Shyam Pasupuleti April 25, 2019

I have to build the Oracle Cloud report(OBI Analysis or BI Publisher) in Oracle Cloud Application 19A based on the application JIRA.

So I am pulling the JIRA data using JIRA REST API with POSTMAN or REST WEB SERVICE CLIENT as below and the data is in JSON format.

https://<domain-name>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/RPC-260

Can we extract the JIRA data directly on to the report using JIRA REST API. If possible how and if not possible is there any alternate ?

Please guide me

Suggest an answer