Need to Import Bulk Amount of Users to Jira Instance - Best Practices to Place Users in Groups?

Drew G December 7, 2022

Hello - 

I have recently been assigned to administer my organization's Jira instance, and we are preparing to import a large amount of users via LDAP.

I have 3 different groups that I created on the User Management page, and I've assigned those groups 3 different roles within a specific project. 

Upon the import of the users, I am trying to figure out the best way to add large amounts of users into their corresponding groups that I created. In short, I need to figure out a way to avoid manually adding each user, 1 by 1, into their corresponding group.

Does anyone know of a way that I can bulk add users to different user groups upon this LDAP import of user accounts? I have been searching through various documentation articles and can't seem to find anything.

2 answers

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hello, @Drew G 

Feel free to use our UserManagement for Jira app on evaluation license. 

You can add users to groups in bulk in Bulk User Actions.

Just make sure you use a correct LDAP directory type in Jira i.e. one that allows LDAP users to be put into local groups.

Reach out to our 24x7 support if needed.

Leave a review on Marketplace if you like the app!

0 votes
Don Masten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Suggest an answer