Need help in scripting a custom field

CCP TechOps July 9, 2014

Basically I have created a scripted field with "Free text searcher". When ever I create new issues, Jira needs to validate the issue key entered in this field and link that issue with the newly created one. Also the issue link type should be "relates to". Can any one provide the script for this as I am very new to groovy.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CCP TechOps July 25, 2014
0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

Doesn't sound like a scripted field... they are just used for derived values and are read-only.

I think you just want a short text field, and do the linking in a post-function. But why don't you use the put the issue links system field on the screen? You can do that in recent versions...

CCP TechOps July 9, 2014

Jamie,

Thanks for your input. Kindly find my update pasted below.

1. Using system field Issue link will not work as user want the field to be named "Parent ticket".

2. I tried your suggestion of creating a simple text field and added a script to post function for linking. However this script does not create a link nor logs errors. Let me know you if any modification needs to be done on this script.

################

def ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance();

def customFieldManager = componentManager.getCustomFieldManager();

def parentTaskIDCF = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject('customfield_21541');

def parentTaskID = issue.getCustomFieldValue(parentTaskIDCF);

if (parentTaskID == null || parentTaskID == '') {

return true;

} else {

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager();

def parentIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject(parentTaskID);

def isParentIssueValid = parentIssue != null &&

parentIssue.projectObject.key == issue.projectObject.key ;

if (isParentIssueValid) {

def issueLinkManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager();

def issueLinkTypeManager = componentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(IssueLinkTypeManager.class);

def issueLinkType = issueLinkTypeManager.getIssueLinkTypesByName('Relates To').get(0);

def authenticationContext = componentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(JiraAuthenticationContext.class);

issueLinkManager.createIssueLink(issue.id, parentIssue.id, issueLinkType.id, 1L, authenticationContext.user);

#######################
Appreciate your help and thanks in advance.
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

you need to add some logging... it looks OK, but it should either create the link or throw an error.

Suggest an answer