Need a mapping template to import project data into jira

Josette Contreras May 6, 2022

Hi there,  I am fairly new to Jira.  We will utilize Jira as a project portfolio management tool and I need to upload a number of historical projects as well as projects in flight into Jira. Where can I find a project data mapping template (cvs)  to import project data into Jira Software? 

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Hello @Josette Contreras 

There is not a template for importing data into Jira. Jira projects can be customized in many ways, so the import CSV depends on your Jira instance.

There are some minimum pieces of data that are required. Each work item imported into Jira must have at least the following specified:

• Issue Type
  • Summary

There may be additional requirements depending on the type of issue you are trying to create through the import process.

This document is a starting point for learning about creating a CSV file to use for the import process to create issues.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

Josette Contreras May 9, 2022

@Trudy Claspill  Thank you Trudy!

Suggest an answer