Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Need a mapping template to import project data into jira

Hi there,  I am fairly new to Jira.  We will utilize Jira as a project portfolio management tool and I need to upload a number of historical projects as well as projects in flight into Jira. Where can I find a project data mapping template (cvs)  to import project data into Jira Software? 

1 answer

Hello @Josette Contreras 

There is not a template for importing data into Jira. Jira projects can be customized in many ways, so the import CSV depends on your Jira instance.

There are some minimum pieces of data that are required. Each work item imported into Jira must have at least the following specified:

• Issue Type
  • Summary

There may be additional requirements depending on the type of issue you are trying to create through the import process.

This document is a starting point for learning about creating a CSV file to use for the import process to create issues.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you