Multiple workflows on board, what is the default view for users?

Breanna Williams April 20, 2023

I am utilizing a company managed project!

I have three different workflows for different issue types in one board.

I am trying to understand what the end user sees on their side? If my workflow view is set to a different one, does this change the board for everyone since I am the admin? Is there a default view I can set for particular users?

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Are you looking at a board for a Software project, a Service project, or a Work Management project?

For a Software project there isn't an option to display just one of multiple workflows in the board, but I think there is such an option for the board of a Work Management project.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

I did not find anything in the documentation about setting a Work Management issue type workflow to be the default to display in the board, nor that choosing the workflow to display is limited to Administrators.

Based on a comment in this backlog issue, it sounds like maybe it used to be possible to select one of the workflows to be the default to display, and that functionality was removed.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-123

Breanna Williams April 21, 2023

Ahh, how unfortunate. Okay, thank you so much!

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2023

Hi @Breanna Williams 

workflows show per issue type. So when end users go and look at an issue and click workflow or drag along a board for their work to move they only see the eligible statuses for that issue type

best,

clark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events