Multi Numeric Input Field

Johannes Wanzek June 24, 2013

Hi,

for a repair Task I have created a custom Screen with spare parts. This is currently a Multi Checkbox List with every spare part was a entry. If the technican uses this part he checks the box to indicate the usage.

The problem is when using more than one of these spare parts.

I want a List of Spare Parts with a numeric Input field first and then a description text after it. The default Value is set to 0.

Replacement Screen

Cable length 1m

Cable lenght 0,50m

Seal

I hope there is a sulution for this.

Thanks for your help in advance.

3 answers

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

Johannes,

As far as I know you can add a description in every Custom Field. In addition, you can add some JS code in the description to change some properties of the textboxes (see this, this or this if you need some examples)

HTH

0 votes
Johannes Wanzek June 24, 2013

Hello, I can of course create a numeric Field for each part, but then I have a large numeric input field and a cut-off name. Is there a possibility to decrease the size of the input field and add a descrption right to it?

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

IMO, you have this option:

Split this custom field into 3 separate custom fields: Replacement Screen (integer), Cable length (float?), Seal (Integer). Then modify your WF to use a screen containing those fields, and enforce that all three are informed and they have appropiate values by adding Validators (all three must be informed and be positive or 0 ... ).

HTH

Suggest an answer