Moving users from 1 directory to another

Jason Yeung June 23, 2021

Hi,

I was wondering is there a built in feature in JIRA that I can use to move 1 user from 1 directory to another? There is the "migrate users from one directory to another" link in the "User Directories" section, but this migrates all users instead of 1. 

I did find some plugins I could use (e.g. "User Management for Jira"), but these are paid and I may or may not get approval to purchase plugins.

I'm currently using JIRA Server 8.15. It's the on prem version.

Sincerely,

Jason

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Jason,

By all means, feel free to use our UserManagement for Jira on a trial license – just leave a review on Marketplace afterwards. The app provides full functionality while on trial. The Bulk User Action to move or copy users between directories was designed exactly for this.

If you have any questions – reach out to our 24x7 support

Jason Yeung June 25, 2021

@Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_ ,

thanks for the info. I tried it and it does what I want.

As I don't have the final say on JIRA add-on purchases, I would need to discuss with my team to see if we purchase. I was mainly wondering if there was something built into JIRA that does this instead of purchasing an add-on.

Jason

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events