We have setup a JIRA DB on the same server as the applicaiton itself and now would like to move the database to a dedicated DB server. Could anyone let me know what process we should follow to complete this so that I can copy the database to the new server and point the application to the correct new location for the database?
We are using CentOS and MySQL.
Hi Jiraguy :)
This is a quite simple procedure:
- Stop JIRA;
- Take a full database dump;
- Restore this database on a new server; NOTE: Since you're using MySQL, make sure that you're using the same engine (InnoDB) on both servers;
- Edit the $JIRA_HOME/dbconfig.xml and set new IP address;
- Make sure that the JIRA user is able to login remotely on the new MySQL;
- Start JIRA and check if everything is working now.
Just a thought, but when doing a test restore, always disable your mail services until you KNOW you want the system to become live, or you'll end up with potentially live data on your 'test' restore. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+Data for more.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs