Move/migrate LDAP user data to another ldap user in JIRA 4.4.4

Salva G February 27, 2014

Hi all,

we have running JIRA 4.4.4 using Active Directory LDAP authentication. Our samaccountname have been changed according to a IT department new naming rule but when I log in to JIRA it seems to be a new user. Using the administrator account I'm migrating assignee and reporter of not closed issues, but I need to move the rest of the user data for each user (time sheet, dashboard...)

I've read about renaming user ID using ScriptRunner, but I don't know if it will work because new usernames have been used and issues have been migrated. Any idea how to proceed? I'm completely newbie in JIRA

Thanks in advanced

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2014

Why not upgrade to JIRA 6.1 before you made the samaccountname changes in your LDAP? I mean, if you still have the XML backup of JIRA 4.4.4 before the username changes that is. Because there is feature in that version which will allow you to rename username from LDAP - based on UUID.

Anyhow, you can change ownership of filters and dashboard using ScriptRunner as per https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Changedashboardorfilterownership

0 votes
Salva G July 6, 2014

Hi,

I coulnd't migrate to new version of Jira. So I used ScriptRunner and bulk changes for doing it.

Thanks

Suggest an answer