Move JIRA from Server to Linux

Ekapop Techawanto March 30, 2017

Hi,

i'm doing migrate from old JIRA v.6.4 (OS:Windows Server) to JIRA v.7.3(OS:Linux)
Now i'm install application JIRA and create empty database has finished

but i don't know how step to move project, config, user and issue to new server (OS:Linux)
Please help me find a guide. 

Best Regards,
Thank you,

1 answer

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2017

You should start with going through the upgrade notes if your on a older version in Windows. Depending on what version of Agile. There is countless of questions/answers on this forum handling this.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7

Moving from Windows to Linux involves a backup of JIRA in XML form and importing it to the Linux instance. Make sure you do a few tests and the same plugins are available on your new server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2017

Indeed, think of this as a two step process - upgrade and move.  You can do it in either order, and plan to do them immediately one after another, but do not try to do both at the same time.  I'd follow Niclas' advice and upgrade first, then move.

Suggest an answer