Monetary cost per Issue

Russell Smith May 18, 2014

I know how much time was spent on an issue from the Time Tracking/Work Log on it. I also know the cost per hour of the people who logged that time (although I don't have that information in JIRA at the moment).

I'd like to be able to easily see the monetary cost of each issue using that information. I'd also like for the cost per person to be exposed to only a select group of people.

I've seen the FOLIO plugin but that looks like it does so much more than I actually need and I don't want to pay for features we're not going to use.

Can anybody suggest a solution please?

7 answers

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Russell

Take a look on this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.greffon.folio

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Luciano

Russell Smith June 23, 2014

Hi Luciano - it was FOLIO where I started. I contacted the guys who make it and they told me that it is possible, but not an out-of-the-box feature. This is what they said to me:

Today, to acquire the actual cost of a single story (or any issues) based on who worked on it and for how long via FOLIO you will need to go through the JIRA labels.
1) Label the issue (story) via JIRA - I would use the issue key as the label
2) Go to your folio in the report section
3) Select the "Expenses / Revenues Report"
4) Generate a report with these parameters:
i) For = Actual Cost
ii) Start =Folio start
iii) End = today
iv) Frequency = TOTAL
v) Label =THE_ISSUE_KEY(if you have labeled your issue with its own issue key)
This should give you a detailed expense report for your single story with its total cost.
They also said that it is a feature they'll be adding in the future so I'll keep an eye on it.
0 votes
Russell Smith June 22, 2014

It looks like Tempo Books could be the answer:

http://www.tempoplugin.com/products/tempo-books/

I've subscribed to their mailing list and will try it as soon as it's available!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

You should ask them... I thought this was one of its features. I've added the tempo tags to your question so maybe they'll come on here and clarify.

0 votes
Russell Smith June 19, 2014

Unfortunately it look like Tempo doesn't do this. I've installed it as a free trial and I can find no way of entering the rate of an individual nor can I see where the cost of an Issue with time logged against it should be visible.

I really hope there is a way to do this, surely I'm not the first person to have needed this functionality?!

0 votes
Russell Smith June 18, 2014

Thanks Jamie, I'll take a look.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

You should look at the Tempo plugin too. I've never used it but I thought this was one of its selling points.

0 votes
Russell Smith June 18, 2014

I posted this question a month ago and unfortunately it hasn't had any responses. Can I assume that it's not possible? Thanks.

Suggest an answer