Modify Gazdget that rely on Status field

Mark Scarantino November 20, 2013

Seems some gadgets use Completed or Resolved and some use Done. Is there a way either via setup or modification the the Atlassian gadgets to normalize this?

I would like the gadgets I use to reference only one of these three as Done.

Right know some gadgets calculated the "finished" card properly and some miss them due to the status the gadgets are using for "finished"

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Scarantino November 20, 2013

This is really odd that it asks "

Please make sure you are providing an answer to your own question. Otherwise, choose "add comment" to continue a conversation about a given answer or to clarify your question."

If I knew a good answer, I would not ask the question.

Tamsin Slinn November 20, 2013

Sometimes if I don't get an answer here quickly, and end up doing some research, I work out the answer to my own questions. I guess it's then useful to post them to help others.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2013

It depends on the plugin to be honest. Some take different approaches.

I wrote one (a long time ago), that simply asked the users in the config "what status in the workflow do you want to consider the end points?" and it had a multi-select list in the config screens. An amendment to that added the question "OR do you want to use the Jira standard 'resolution field set to something means done'". I suspect that resolution question is probably the right answer for most cases.

Suggest an answer