Using 5.0 version...What happened to the workflow buttons between the two attached screenshots? I do not have any properties/conditions/validators different between statuses, issuetypes, resolutions, etc. My initial thought was that a special character is messing up the tags used to display correctly--are there any special characters or sequence of characters we should avoid using in the description?
Try running the Data Integrity Checker to see if there are any Jira issues that revolve around the Current Status of the issue and the workflow not matching. The report might identify this specific issue as having it in a Workflow status with no information as to how it got there. (this meaning that its trying to apply the workflow steps of where Jira "thinks" this issue should be in)
Thanks for the help Derrick! The Integrity Checker found 2 issues that weren't in the 'ACTIVATED' state. Clicking the FIX button did exactly what it was supposed to. I checked the logs and wasn't able to find a specific reason as to why these issues acted they way they did, however.
First off, you're not giving us much to work with here. There's a good chance that you'll find your answer trying to answer the following questions:
1. What has changed in the timeframe between the two screenshots?
2. Are there any conditions on those transitions? Are they provided by third-party plugins? Are the plugins still enabled (and if necessary with a valid license) ?
3. Are there any permission-related conditions? Do you still have the required permissions?
4. Are there any exceptions in the logs?
Hope this helps!
Sorry for the lack of info, but I don't even know where to begin looking because (answer to #1) I have not made a change to the workflow/properties/conditions in over a month. I did some more research and the earliest created date of an issuetype with this problem was 11/27/12. I have found only 6 other occurrences of this out of 194 issues since 11/27/12, and the project in it's entirety has 2008 issues since the project began over a year ago. I could possibly have a defect in the way I set up the workflow, but I find it hard to believe that a defect in the workflow wouldn't have been exposed yet if that were the case.
(answer to #2) We haven't installed any additional plug-ins with the installation of JIRA. I'll see if any of the bundled plug-ins have been disabled by accident. The workflow is wide open and there are no conditions on transitions. Had there been, I would still expect to see the Workflow button displayed and disabled.
(answer to #3) The workflow is open to any user to perform any transition. I have verified this through my Admin login and a non-admin login when looking at the affected issues and non-affected issues.
(answer to #4) I have a request in to grab some log files...I will provide an update when I receive them. I will also take a look at these affected issues and see if there are similarities between all of them versus the non-affected issues.
Thanks for the help so far!
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs