Missing issue icons in Safari?

Eric Wittle February 14, 2020

I'm using Safari 13.0.5, and hosted Jira. Rather than seeing issue icons, Safari shows me an empty box. The same site works fine with Firefox. Any suggestions on how to fix? I'm pretty sure I already tried clearing the cache, not sure if anyone else is seeing the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2020

Hello @Eric Wittle

Thank you for reaching out.

It seems you might be impacted by the bug JRACLOUD-68772, which causes some icons to disappear when you zoom in in any element with Safari, however, this bug is resolved as obsolete right now.

Can you confirm if that's the behavior you are facing or your issue is related to something different?

Additionally, please try the steps below:

1 - Try to clear your browser cache and reproduce the behavior in a private window of Safari?

2 - Check if there are any versions available to update Safari

3 - Check if any errors are returned in the Development console of your browser

4 - If possible, confirm if there are any other persons with the same Safari version that are able to reproduce the problem.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Eric Wittle February 17, 2020

Oddly, the icons show up just fine in a private browser window. I then tried to reproduce it in a normal window, and on the first load of the page, the icons showed up. As soon as I switched views from one project to another in the non-private window, the issue type icons disappeared. The same switch from one project to another in the private window worked fine.

There are multiple errors in the Javascript Console on the shared window, mostly 404 errors trying to load content, like:

https://dxc2f84diqcan.cloudfront.net/atl-vertigo--shard-jira-prod-us-5--4--jres.atlassian.net/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/-l129dr/b/20/a685a255ca48bbc955c97cc065125071/_/download/contextbatch/js/greenhopper-rapid-non-gadget,gh-rapid,jira.project.sidebar,jira.global,atl.general,jira.general,atl.global,-_super/issueParentMultiselectUtil-min.js.map

and:

https://precisionfermentation.atlassian.net/secure/ssr-hydration-fix.b0967edbb66290dea5a7.8.js.map

However, those errors appear in the console for the private window too. I'll look at clearing the cache entirely and see if that helps. I thought I'd tried that already, but will try again.

Eric Wittle February 17, 2020

I followed the instructions to empty caches (Use "Empty Caches" from the Develop menu), and the first two boards I looked at showed items, and the next two were back to empty squares.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2020

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your details.

I tried to reproduce your behavior on my own desktop (Using Safari 13.0.5), however, I was not able to reproduce it after twelve attempts, at different times in the day.

In all the attempts, I tried to zoom in and out of the screen and refresh it, however, the icons of the issues appear just fine, like in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 15.27.27.png

That being said, I believe that maybe your Safari might have some files corrupted that might be causing the issue. Try the following steps and check if it works for you:

1 - Uninstall/install Safari again, downloading a new installer.

2 - Provide us a screenshot showing the empty boxes you see.

3 - You mentioned it was the Issue Icons that disappeared. If it is the priority icons, please check if you are using custom icons for it and provide us with those images, in case they are not sensitive information.

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer