Missing fields in the issue view

Deleted user January 25, 2018

Hi! I've set up a field "blocking?". Related it to the issue type bug. In the Service Desk side, the field is correctly displayed. But, in the Jira view (the backoffice, not the service desk exposed outside) this field is missing. If I try to add it, starting typing it the system does not find any field with that name.

What's happening? Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Hi Gianmarco,

That's most likely because this field is not added to a screen which is set as a "View Issue" screen for your project.

First go to Project Settings -> Screens to check which screen is used for "View Issue" operation.

Then go to Administration -> Issues -> Custom Fields, find your custom field and click on the 'Gear' icon on the right side. In the popped menu go to Screens. There make sure that the screen which is used for "View Issue" operation in your project is checked. When you are done click on "Update" button at the bottom.

Also, please note, that even if your custom field is added to your "View Issue" screen but has no value within a given issue it will still not be displayed. There's an open feature request to make even empty fields visible on issue view.

Deleted user January 31, 2018
Thank you Ivan, you've made my day.
Mevi Dvash June 27, 2019

Thank you :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events