Missing Original Estimate in Old Issue View

Alan Tan February 4, 2021

One of my colleague that is still using the old jira issue view (he refuses to use the new UI) reported that he can't view the Original Estimate field in the old issue view, but only the new issue view.

How can I make the `Original Estimate` appear under the old view? The time tracking thing will only appear after there is value for the Original Estimate, but my colleague can't seem to edit it too.

Unable to view and set the value of Original Estimate on the old issue view:

Screenshot 2021-02-04 183408.png

With time tracking, but unable to edit:

Screenshot 2021-02-04 183627.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hi @Alan Tan 

On the old view, time tracking will not appear on the view screen unless one of the fields is populated.

To set the original estimate:

• The field Time tracking needs to be available on the issue's edit screen (not issue layout, which is related to the new view)
  • Your colleague will need to edit the issue 

You also cannot modify the original estimate from the panel once it appears, only log work. 

As a side-note, from 31/03/2021 all users will be moved to the new issue view, so it might be beneficial for your colleague to spend some time using it, ahead of time :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events