Missing Original Estimate field when createing a Sub-Task

David Shenoda January 7, 2014

I cant seem to set an estimate on a Sub-Task. No field present and nothing available when I hit Configure.

I'm fairly sure this used to exist. Could it have been compromised by installing the Tempo Plugin?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2014

Hi David,

Maybe the field is not visible on the screen or in your view anymore. Try clicking on the Configure button at the top right to configure the fields (when creating a SubTask) and select "Where is my field?". This will give you a better idea of why it is not showing.

In my instance I have Tempo enabled and I can imput time estimates when creating a new SubTask so I believe is not Tempo related.

Cheers

Lucas Dickey March 17, 2016

Mauro, I did the same thing as David below but estimates are only showing on Stories and not Sub-Tasks. I'd prefer they be on Sub-Tasks and Story estimates simply be a sum of the sub-tasks thereunder. How do I make that happen?

exadannyd July 18, 2016

Hi @Lucas Dickey, did solve this issue? I'm looking for a solution my self...I would appreciate if you can share...

4 votes
David Shenoda January 8, 2014

That was it! I had to go to Administration > Issues > Screens. And then Hit Configure for the Default Screen Scheme. Then I added Time Tracking.... Thanks very much!

Sharath Chandra Edupuganti September 30, 2014

Thank you, this solved the problem for me.

Sanjeev Rai August 23, 2016

I had to add the time tracking on the default issue screen for that board then it worked fine. Thanks!

Prakash Donga June 27, 2017

Thank you David, it worked for me too.

Suggest an answer