Missing Estimate Time fields from edit ticket

David Knapp April 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Logging work on issues

Per this article, when editing an issue we should have fields that specify adding time estimate, but ours are missing. Any ideas? Permissions have for this user/project/issue have all time permissions.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 4, 2016

David, please check the Field Configuration configured for your project. Timetracking fields may be hidden in the field configuration.

Is the field added to the screen you use for editing issues? Please check Project Administration / Screens to see which screen is used for editing and make sure Timetracking is added to it.

BTW: do you see the fields when you create new issues? Can you log work to the issues? If work is logged, can you see the timetracking panel in the issue?

0 votes
David Knapp April 4, 2016

Thanks, i went  Project Administration / Screens but I had many there and was not sure which one applied to my ticket area.

To identify, I went back to issue / Edit / Fields / and Time tracking was indeed not there and clicked the "Where is my field?" button, chose Time Tracking and JIRA showed me what section, edited this section to include Time Tracking and this fixed issue!

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 11.08.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 11.09.26 PM.png

Suggest an answer