Migrating my cloud instance data, including schemes, into my own Server instance

Deepak Patadia February 11, 2016

Currently we are running JIRA software on Atlassian Cloud site. Now, we want to host application on our own server with JIRA Server version.

We want to migrate all projects, its data and all configurations including workflow schemas that we have defined, permissions, etc. from our cloud instance to new a new instance on our server. We have reviewed the details from link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/migrating-from-jira-cloud-to-server-applications-776636236.html

Regarding backup of cloud instance, it is mentioned as below on link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracloud/exporting-issues-737772285.html

The backup includes the following data:

1. Issues
  2. Users and their group settings
  3. Avatars
  4. Attachments if selected

Can our configurations would also be backed up and imported into server instance? For example, the schemes we defined for different Issue types, shared filters, etc.

We really appreciate your response. Thank you.

Regards,

Deepak

2 answers

0 votes
Deepak Patadia February 11, 2016

Thank you very much Nic for the quick response.

I have downloaded the trial version of server instance (atlassian-jira-software-7.1.0-jira-7.1.0-x64.exe) and going to install the same on my local machine.

I will review how my cloud  backed up data looks into server instance and let you know if any further questions. Please let me know if you have any comments.  

Regards,

Deepak

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2016

The exports contain all of your data, including all the configuration.

Deepak Patadia February 12, 2016
  1. I took the backup of our cloud instance and restored. It shows two folders i.e. data and logos and includes two files i.e. activeobjects.xml and entities.xml. Why ”Issues” and "Users and their group settings" are not included in backup?

2. In order to ensure that all my data and configurations, including schemes are imported from Cloud to Server instance, I want to setup server instance on my local machine. I downloaded the TRIAL version of server instance. Does this "Trial" JIRA server version allow me to import my cloud backed up data OR FIRST we need to purchase the Server instance license?

Suggest an answer