I want to migrate my data from Test Trac pro tool to JIRA.
I have tried through CSV import and export, but it has limitation like attachments, history etc
What is the best way to migrate to JIRA
Thanks in advance!
I found an old bug at Seapine Test Track import support that may have a solution for some of this:
We have managed the issues and the attachments separately :
For the issues
1) Export of all issues in a txt
2) Import in Excel (2007/2010 because 2003 with xls file has length issues)
3) Changes are applied to our columns :concatenate some info with jira markup to render info in a good way, changes in the assignees, preparation of custom fields,..
4) Export in Txt tab delimited file
5) Import as a csv file in jira (our file had to be in ansi otherwise we had issues with accented characters). The mapping between items of TestTrack and Jira is simply great !
For the attachments :
1) Export the issues with attachments in a zip (xml export)
2) In Excel, use the XML mapping to create columns with required info (TT number, filename, dat name)
3) After a bit of work you finally have a table with original filenames and corresponding .dat names. We have created a third column (first) with the "ren" cmd and concatenated all the useful fields.
4) After an export in txt, we renamed the .txt in .bat and ran it. All our files were correctly named (+ extension).
5) The JiraJelly function here helped us to solved the automated import of the files. From the template provided in JiraJelly documentation we have generated an excel file with every info required (Jira issue, location+filename of the attachment). The Jelly script was realized using the concatenate function of excel. The script made, we ran it in jira and everything went nearly fine (some mistakes in files with accented char..).
The above may work for you to manage attachments and issues. In regards to the history, you may want to also take a look at the History section of the Seapine Software's XML export and import limitations knowledge base article:
Values displayed on the History tab in items are automatically generated by TestTrack, such as the creation method and date last modified. These values are not imported. Imported items use the following values.
Take a look at the article as there is a table there that may make sense to you in the context of the data you're dealing with.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs