Microsoft InTune device management

Asher Francis July 1, 2020

Hello all

We've been tasked with looking at asset management in Jira Service Desk.

We are a global organisation and currently rolling out InTune across all our global regions (slow process) and looking to hopefully take device information from that into Jira Servce Desk.

I know there are third party apps and integrations available with companies like Device42 but our thinking is this...

Windows 10 brings software data info into Azure AD
InTune brings all the hardware info into Azure AD
We will be looking at AD integration with Jira anyway through Atlassian access

Is there any way we can use an API from Azure to Jira to bring through this asset information? Without using a third party app like Device42 or Insight

Thanks

Asher

11 answers

3 votes
Jeret Shuck January 15, 2021

We're also looking to get some proper asset tracking setup. We're looking to automate data updates from Intune and JAMF. Anyone make any progress here? 

James Chuong July 27, 2021

We’re in the same boat. Hopefully there’s a solution to pull assets from Intune and Jamf into Jira. 

Romesh September 26, 2021

I'm also interested in this. 

David Ng December 21, 2021

Same here, we are also interested in integration with Intune.

Ibrahim_Awwad February 17, 2022

Indeed was looking for the exact same thing too, and I found this post!

Jeret Shuck February 18, 2022

At this point, I think you'll have to have some internal development effort and use the API. I have got something working to create objects in bulk now. It's not a direct link to Intune, like we'd prefer. But what I have running now works for our purpose.

Documentation: REST API documentation (riada.io)

Like Ibrahim_Awwad likes this
3 votes
Chris Steytler August 24, 2020

We have similar requirements and I am very interested to understand if you made any progress? 

Gurnam Ganger October 19, 2020

I am also looking into and interested in this. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Wanting to get the most out of JIRA and INTUNE products without added cost of purchasing 3rd party tools/services.

2 votes
Ibrahim_Awwad February 17, 2022

Seems we are all looking for update or news on that 

Eric Dagenais April 22, 2022

+1

2 votes
ariel.souza.ext February 3, 2022

Hey, how's it going?

Do you have any solution for this?
After that time, did you make any progress?

1 vote
Kolya October 25, 2021

Hello,

We are also in the same boat.

1 vote
Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

We are also interested in having an answer to this question

0 votes
Vinod Patidar June 1, 2023

Any update on this? We are using Microsoft Intune for device management and patching. Not sure when this functionality will be available. 

0 votes
MJ Singh April 6, 2023

Same solution we are looking for 

0 votes
Rustam Piriyev April 5, 2023

any updates?

Asher Francis April 5, 2023

Hi Rustam

We have decided to purchase Jira Premium and use the Insight asset managment with their own discovery tools. Sadly still no integration here as far as I am aware. 

Thanks

Rustam Piriyev April 6, 2023

we choose same, we bought Jira Premium license and use Insight, I heard about some REST API  automation solution to integrate intune and Jamf to jira, but not sure how it works. Maybe someone did this before who can help us?

Nicolaus Brooks August 10, 2023

@Asher Francis how did you pull the device hardware info and import into Jira? I already have the objects setup just need to learn how the hardware data is pulled in. Thanks in advance.

Asher Francis August 10, 2023

@Nicolaus Brooks as mentioned, we went down the route of Jira Premium and are still implementing.

Jira have their own "Assets Discovery" software which can be installed on PCs/Laptops and once running, runs as a service in the background. Then you set the discovery client with an IP range and it will pick up any devices with assets discovery installed. 

You can read about it here

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/discover-objects-in-your-environment-with-asset-discovery/

Thanks

0 votes
John Mustac September 5, 2022

The only production grade way to do this that i know of currently is to use the Graph API library and create your own calls/automation/scripts to process data into Jira as per client specific rules. There is a hurdle if you haven't done this before and whilst there is quite a bit of documentation out there, its not comprehensive, meaning that the complete set of calls is not documented. If you are looking for calls that you can copy/paste/use, you may find some but likely not all the ones you need. 

0 votes
Nijin Ganga August 18, 2022

Any updates here? I am also looking for same solution.

Vinod Patidar June 1, 2023

I am also looking for this solution to work as soon as possible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events