Message Custom Field

Zekai Huang May 15, 2023

Hi all, 

I am trying to display some sorts of warning message in our JSM and tried below solution without luck. 

1. ScriptRunner Behavior feature: we are told that it's not compatible to JSM cloud. 

2. Message Custom Field: it works with default value, but there doesn't seem to be a way to update the value via automation, unlike other regular custom field. 

I also wonder what's the main difference between Text Field(Read Only) and Message Custom Field.

Thank you,

Zekai

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Hello @Zekai Huang 

This is what the product documentation says:

Message Custom Field (for edit)

A custom field whose default value will be displayed as HTML or as rendered wiki markup in OnDemand on an 'Edit' screen.

Message Custom Field (for view)

A custom field whose default value will be displayed as HTML or as rendered wiki markup in OnDemand on the 'View' screen.

Text field (read only)

A read-only text label. Only possible to create values programmatically (Used internally for imports from Mantis). Maximum of 255 characters.

Zekai Huang May 15, 2023

Thank you, Trudy, my question isn't clear. Does it mean Message Custom Field is default value only and can't be updated like Text field?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Correct. The Message Custom Fields cannot be updated through Automation Rules.

Zekai Huang May 16, 2023

Thank you, Trudy. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2023

You're welcome.

If your questions have been adequately answered, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted to help other users find posts with validated answers.

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2023

Hi 

I'd like to use these message fields on a transition screen but they don't seem to appear when added.

is that a limitation?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events