Merging non google apps user with google apps user

I've got several users that have been using Jira for many months. I just turned on Google Apps with Jira.

Now, when I log in with my Google Apps ID, I cannot get access to my non google apps work. Basically Jira sees us as two separate users.

I would like to somehow get rid of my non google apps ID and just have my google ID. Is there a way to merge the two somehow?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Brad,

As google apps integration is based on email address there isn't a straightforward way to do this. Essentially what you'll be doing is migrating data from the old user to the google apps user.

Migrate all data from xxx@example.com to yyy@example.com

You will need to search all issues for xxx@example.com (by reporter, assignee etc) and once the search returns the results you will need to bulk edit them to the new user i.e. yyy@example.com

For each of the above search results

Tools > bulk edit > all n issues > select the column checkbox, for all issues >Next> edit Issues radio button >Next>accept

- Change the default assignee for any component

- Change the project ownership (Project lead) for any projects

- Change the project role and group memberships to the new user name

- Make sure in any of the notification scheme, the user xxx@example.com is not explicitly added as user

- Change any filter subscriptions from old to the new user. Note this can only be done by the user by logging in.

- Share any dashboards that xxx@example.com had so that yyy@example.com can re-use it.

After this you'll go into the user management section and remove the old users application access as well as remove that user from any groups they are a member of.

Sorry there isn't currently an easier way to handle this. We're working on adding that functionality here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31741 Please vote on this issue and watch it for future updates.

Thanks!

Turner

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 13 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

36 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you