I've got several users that have been using Jira for many months. I just turned on Google Apps with Jira.
Now, when I log in with my Google Apps ID, I cannot get access to my non google apps work. Basically Jira sees us as two separate users.
I would like to somehow get rid of my non google apps ID and just have my google ID. Is there a way to merge the two somehow?
As google apps integration is based on email address there isn't a straightforward way to do this. Essentially what you'll be doing is migrating data from the old user to the google apps user.
For each of the above search results
Tools > bulk edit > all n issues > select the column checkbox, for all issues >Next> edit Issues radio button >Next>accept
- Change the default assignee for any component
- Change the project ownership (Project lead) for any projects
- Change the project role and group memberships to the new user name
- Make sure in any of the notification scheme, the user email@example.com is not explicitly added as user
- Change any filter subscriptions from old to the new user. Note this can only be done by the user by logging in.
After this you'll go into the user management section and remove the old users application access as well as remove that user from any groups they are a member of.
Sorry there isn't currently an easier way to handle this. We're working on adding that functionality here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31741 Please vote on this issue and watch it for future updates.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG