Match Custom Priority Field to Standard Jira Priority Field via Automation

Rachael Garbee February 2, 2021

Good Morning, 

I'd like to match a custom priority field we have in a project to the jira priority field in the project via automation. Would I do this using smart values? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Rachael Garbee , 

in this case I would suggest using the Advanced compare condition in Automation : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-conditions/#Automationconditions-Advancedcomparecondition

You should be able to use smart values to compare 2 fields, and trigger an action.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Rachael Garbee February 2, 2021

Thanks, yes I believe I understand using the advanced compare but I'm not super experienced with using smart values and I get tripped up. Since one field is the jira priority and one field is a custom priority what smart values would I use to surface?

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Rachael Garbee , 

that's pretty easy, here's the smart values you can use : 

• {{issue.priority}} for the standard Jira priority field
  • {{issue.Custom Priority}} for your custom priority field (just replace "Custom Priority" with your custom field name)

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Like # people like this
León Gilhaus September 8, 2023

Hello @Alexis Robert ,

I also have the requirement that I want to match my individual fault class with the default priorities. This also worked with an automation.

However, I have a small problem. Namely, I use the JIRA Cloud Integration for Teams and every time a ticket is created, a notification is sent to the team in Teams. Now, the moment the ticket is created, the notification is sent first and then the automation for updating the priority starts. This leads to the fact that the correct priority is never displayed in the first notification in teams.

Do you have an idea how I can solve this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events