Managing requirements , features and tasks in jira and conflunce

Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Hello Experts

I am now implementing JIRA and Conflunce in my Company

Can you please share your expiriemce with me how do you implement Requirment mangment?

does your requirements turn into features/improvements in jira or you are using stories?

or you have a completly different solution?

Thanks in advance

Naama

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Hi,

In Jira - Requirements and improvements as issue types in single project.

+Requirements have reviews (sub issues).

Use linking to map Requirements and Imporvements.

Andris.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

Even if I'm the author of this add-on, I can't recommend highly enough looking at Requirement Yogi. Both major customers and smaller startups are pouring in and they seem extremely satisfied with it – I believe the add-on is ready for prime time. It's based on two principles:

• Requirement writers want to use Confluence for specifications,
  • JIRA is the right place to open development tickets.

I've published a blogpost on this: How to Manage Requirements in JIRA and Confluence.

Disclaimer: I'm the author of Requirement Yogi, which helps you enumerate and link to requirements.

0 votes
Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2014

Hello Timothy, Andris thanks for the replay

I wil try to descrive my business enviorment (in which i am trying now to build working procedures..)

Our product offerings can be affected by multiple projects at any given time, so we have support teams that manage them individually. Each of the products may be comporised of seveal different components and/or software solutions. So we have number of implementation projects that can span across several products at any given time, and product development

At the moments our customers do not work with Conflunce and their requirements are written in excel and word

Thanks again

Naama

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2014

In my experience, requirements can be any type of issue type in JIRA and are resolved based on their own workflow.

Why don't you come up with your business process and we can see if it is implementatble?

Deleted user July 13, 2017

Hi Timothy,

I'm looking to take this approach, have you any case stuides or experirence you could share?

Thanks

Mike

Suggest an answer