Management of multiple screens boards in one project

Rayan Dinar September 5, 2016

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if you know how to handle screens where there are multiple boards in one project . That is to say, to avoid having the same fields of a request for a board to another board .

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2016

Boards do not belong to projects, and projects do not belong to boards.

Boards look at a set of issues that are selected by the filter.  Those filters often are simply a single project, butthey don't have to be.

However, it's not clear what you mean by "multiple screens"?  As screens have nothing to do with boards, but are defined as part of projects, I'm afraid the question is unclear.

Rayan Dinar September 5, 2016

I have three boards in one project.

When I create an issue, I should fill fields to create it.

I have in a board some custom fields that I don't want to see appear in the two others boards at creation or editing.

How can I do it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2016

No you do not.  Again, boards do not belong to projects.

I assume you mean you have three boards that take their issues from part or all of a project.  The fields you have in the boards are determined by the board configuration, and as you have three boards, there's three configs you need to look at.

The fields you are asked for when you create an issue are determined by the project you are creating it in.  You need to look at the project's "issue type screen scheme" if you need to change those.

Suggest an answer