Making custom field items mandatory or optional applied as validator to a transition

Akhil Kanaskar February 25, 2014

I recently implemented a custom field validator on a workflow transition.

my custom field items list are start, stop,restart, now when a user moves a issue to close issue state he has to select the items of custom field.

Can we make the some items of the custum field mandatory , so that if the user has to check mark all mandatory items of the custom field to close a issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

Yes. In the same way you've done the existing mandatory fields. (I'm not sure there's actually a question here - could you explain if I've missed something?)

I am not asking to make a custom field mandatory ..... for eg i have custom filed(with checkboxes) as DOD in which i have 3 items start, stop , restart. So is it possible that i make start and stop as mandatory so that whenever a user tries to close a issue he will have to mark start and stop from the custome field options so that he is able to close the issue . if the user doesnt mark start and stop while closing it should fail giving a message that you need to mark the mandatory fields in order to close this issue

yeah rite i want to make items mandatory .... is there a way you know how to make it happen?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

Er, that seems to say "I don't want to make the fields mandatory, I just want to make them mandatory". Which is it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2014

Use a validator, as you already said.

If you're writing your own, you can put whatever rules you need in it as well - not just "field must be filled", but things like "if <something is true>, then the field must be filled, otherwise let the user leave it blank"

Suggest an answer