Make custom field mandatory.

How do I make some custom fields mandatory when populating? ]
I use the project managed by the team

2 answers

0 votes
Jorge Martinez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

Maybe you could try with rules in specific transitions. For example: Field description cannot be empty to transition to To Do status. image.png

Thanks for the alternative, and in the case of a selection box field? How do I stop? I tried to do it, but it wasn't mandatory.

Jorge Martinez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2022

@Pedro Henrique Barreto Carvalho same fix I think, the only difference is that you must leave empty "This value" field

image.png

So when you save the rule you'll see in the behaviour description that the value must not be empty to run that transition

image.png

Given that, you won´t see that transition available if your select field is empty. 

image.png

But you'll see it if the select field has a value. 
image.png

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hello @Pedro Henrique Barreto Carvalho 

That feature is not currently available in Team Managed projects. You can comment and up-vote the change request here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17631

How can I do this via automation?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

You cannot make a field mandatory using an Automation Rule.

See the other response from @Jorge Martinez for a possible workaround.

Suggest an answer