Make a linked issue field required based on custom field value by Script.

Tej February 9, 2017

Hello,

I want to make a linked Issue Field required during a transition based on Custom field value.

Here I had a custom field single select "Opinion" have 'will do' 'will not do' 'future' 

During the Transition, if the Opinion is 'will do' then we need to provide required Links in Linked Issue field or else should throw an error, whereas if we select any other value (will not do or future) Transition should go forward without asking any link to fill in.

Does this work? please advice,

if (cfValues['Opinion'] == 'Will do' &&  cfValues['Link to Release ticket'] !== 'null') return false; else return true;

Or

if (cfValues['Decision'] == 'Will Implement' &&  cfValues['Link To Release ticket'] !== 'null'); 

else

(cfValues['Decision’]*.value in [‘will not’, ‘future’]  &&  cfValues['Link To Release ticket'] == 'null');

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2017

Hi,

this might help you: 

(cfValues['Opinion']?.value == 'Will do' && cfValues['Value'] != null) || (cfValues['Opinion']?.value == "Will not do") || (cfValues['Opinion']?.value == "future")
Tej February 14, 2017

Thomas, 

Really appreciated! this script exactly works, 

I was wondering from where do I start learning Groovy Script and improve my stuff

Thanks a lot for the help!    

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2017

you're welcome smile

Tej March 9, 2017

Hey Thomas

How to

Validate a Confluence Link During Transition,

any groovy script for that.. help needed

Thanks

Ratna Kumar Lekkala June 27, 2017

Hi Thomas,

I have to make a field required based on the value in another field. We have scriptrunner add-on. What is the simplest and best way to achieve this?

Can you provide me a sample syntax for  this logic?

IF dropdown_field = option3 or option4 then Text_field =Required END IF

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2017

Hi,

maybe this will help you: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/267139

Regards,

Thomas

Tej February 10, 2017

Thank you for help! I tried to write a script but this does work, can you please look it

please advice me. 

if (cfValues['Opinion'] == 'Will' && cfValues['Link To Release ticket'] !== 'null'); 

else

(cfValues['Opinion'] == 'Will Not or Future’ &&  cfValues['Link To Release ticket'] == 'null');

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2017

did you try the step-by-step-guide in the page, I linked to? This is exactly what you need, I don't know what to explain any more than that.

Tej February 13, 2017

Thomas, Thank you for the reply, The scenario in the link he said to use Two Transitions as State 1 and State 2  but 

In here I need to achieve those only during One Transition by the validator, I experimented all those scripts in that link doesn't work for me, can you please help me with script!! I'm a beginner in GrovvyScipt. 

Thanks.

Suggest an answer