Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Lookup and get the value from an Insight object

Hi,

I'm a beginner of using Jira and Insight.

I have an Insight Object Schema setup named "Hardware" and Object type "Staff" contains the attributes "Email" and "Computer".

When an issue is created, I would like the Automation to use the reporter's email address to lookup an object that matches with the Staff Email, then return the "Computer" value and edit an Insight Objects custom field of the issue.

What could be the correct syntax to run the lookup and edit the issue by using the Automation?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes

You may also want to look at an Insight workflow post-function

0 votes

Hi @Jason Chan 

Please take a look at this documentation, and then use your field on reporter's email address in the IQL query with Lookup Objects to get at the data: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-insight/#SmartvaluesInsight-Lookupobjects

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi Bill,

I've managed to lookup the insight object in the automation rule, now I want to add a component to check if the object can be found before editing the issue.

What condition should I use?

Thank you.

Perhaps try the advanced compare condition, referencing your object and check if it is non-null (not empty) before the edit.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events