Logs

Ravi Chaganti May 9, 2023

Please help

I’m looking for below error – where I can find logs of Service Management Cloud

_______________________________________________________________________________________

<!doctype html><html lang="en"><head><title>HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request</title><style type="text/css">body {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;} h1, h2, h3, b {color:white;background-color:#525D76;} h1 {font-size:22px;} h2 {font-size:16px;} h3 {font-size:14px;} p {font-size:12px;} a {color:black;} .line {height:1px;background-color:#525D76;border:none;}</style></head><body><h1>HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request</h1><hr class="line" /><p><b>Type</b> Exception Report</p><p><b>Message</b> Request header is too large</p><p><b>Description</b> The server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (e.g., malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing).</p><p><b>Exception</b></p><pre>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Request header is too large

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11InputBuffer.parseHeaders(Http11InputBuffer.java:614)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:294)

org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:65)

org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:893)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1789)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1191)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:659)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

java.base&#47;java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

</pre><p><b>Note</b> The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs.</p><hr class="line" /><h3>Apache Tomcat/9.0.68</h3></body></html>

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is what it says it is - whatever you are doing in your REST call, it does not make sense to Jira, so it is rejecting it and responding with a message that says you have sent it nonsense.

Ravi Chaganti May 10, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Appreciate if you have tried it and have a solution for REST API enabled with OAuth 2.0

Error message sent by JIRA doesn't make any sense but the CURL command provided is per JIRA documentation to try for.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

The solution is to change your calls to something that makes sense to Jira.

You don't say what your calls are, so we can't begin to debug them.  The calls from the documentation are working fine for me, so I'm afraid that doesn't tell us anything either.  If you could share your code and the documentation you are working from, we might be able to do better!

Ravi Chaganti May 10, 2023

Have documented the CURL which i've tried and are working. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Regarding-REST-API/qaq-p/2353345 

i removed unnecessary permissions (Granular scope) in developer console based on documentation available and it started working.

One observation which i feel errors were coming up is because of additional permissions(i've given 120 granular permissions earlier and now they are limited to 30). This is my assumption and have to try again.

Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

That is an old post (but the code in is is still working for me)

Could you explain what the current problem is?  Bearing in mind that the audience mostly have working integrations.

Ravi Chaganti May 12, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Currently REST API are working for me.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

Hey @Ravi Chaganti ,

On Jira Cloud you don't have access to the logs. However since you are getting these Tomcat errors I don't think you are on cloud to be honest..

Could you clarify what you are doing when you get this error?

Ravi Chaganti May 9, 2023

@Dirk Ronsmans 

i'm using JIRA Service Management. 

i'm trying REST API for ticket creation/getting issue details and getting mentioned details

for more details - i'm trying REST API enabled with OAuth 2.0. Hope this helps

curl --request GET \
  --url 'https://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/{cloud id}/rest/api/3/project/10002' \
  --header 'Authorization: Bearer <access code>' \
  --header 'Accept: application/json'

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events