Login to JIRA through Office365 SSO

Mosh December 11, 2017

Hello

Is that possible to utilize Office365 users to login to JIRA / Confluence / Bitbucket (i.e. utilize Office365 as a single sign-on) ?

If so - please let me know if I should purchase a plugin (and which one)

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Hi Mosh,

are you using the server variants, datacenter or the cloud variant of the Atlassian products?

And are you using AzureAD for the Office365.

In short tell us a little bit about your environment.

Cheers,
  Christian

Mosh December 11, 2017

Thank you . 
We now plan a new environment, consisted of JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and JIRA service desk. All on-prem Server editions (not DataCenter).
No Azure. 
There's ActiveDirectory on-site and Office365 - so I'm curious to know if we can utilize Office365 users (we've already made) for Atlassian toolset as well ?

Do we need Crowd for that purpose? or a plugin like SSO IWAAC ?

Thank you

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Hi Mosh,

as a disclaimer up front I work for resolution, a marketplace vendor creating the most installed SAML Plugin.

You have multiple options.

The products support all ActiveDirectory Sync/LDAP.  So if you don't care about Single Sign On then you can have the products sync against AD & and the Users can login with their AD Username/Pw into each product.

You can add CROWD to number 1 which gives you Single Sign On within the Atlassian Applications. So you need to login to the first Atlassian Application and then you are logged into the Rest.

Alternatively - this is how many of our customer have deployed this - you configure LDAP sync to have the Users & Groups sync'd and then use a SAML Plugin, like ours, to enable Single Sign On - which means the user is automatically signed into any of the Atlassian Applications if he's already authenticated in your Windows/O365 environment.

You probably already have ADFS for O365 + AD.

Cheers,
Christian  

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2017

Hi @Mosh,

I do confirm that IWAAC Kerberos SSO would also fit your requirements here (you would use your Active Directory accounts in that case, not Office 365).

Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of the IWAAC Kerberos SSO plugin

Mosh December 11, 2017

Thank you all.  @Christian @christian, I want to make sure that your SAML plugin for JIRA supports JIRA Software , Portfolio for JIRA and and other plugin for JIRA (like Xray for JIRA).
Is this correct?

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2017

@Mosh  - Yes it does.

Feel free to contact us direct https://resolution.de/go/support and we can help you if you like to evaluate our plugin.

Cheers,
Christian

Mosh December 12, 2017

Thanks. Do you support all mentioned above?

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2017

@Mosh - 

Yes we co-exist nicely with other plugins like the one's above & more.

You only need to be careful is with other authentication plugins but that usually only happens if a customer is evaluating multiple SSO type plugins at the same time.

Cheers,
Christian

1 vote
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2017

Hello Mosh,

As Christian here I work for a vendor that offer SAML for Azure. (Kantega Single Sign-on)

In addition to SAML we offer syncing of users and groups from Azure directly into JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and FeCru using only our add-on. (You don´t need Crowd) See Cloud Connectors

Cheers,

Lars, Kantega Single Sign-on

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2017

We also support Kerberos SSO directly into all the applications, meaning users are logged into the applications with no passwords asked (including service desk).

In addition to Kerberos you can have fallback to SAML, which is then offered to you mobile phones etc.

-Lars

0 votes
Udaykiran.Komati August 22, 2018

Hi All,

Can anybody help me on the same requirement with jira cloud, Bitbucket. 

Suggest an answer