Listener event to transition an issue when all fields are filled out in a certain state not working?

Tom J February 19, 2021

I'm trying to transition an issue through the workflow automatically using a 'Fast-track transition an issue' in Jira 8. I have scriptrunner, and what I'm trying to do is transition an issue automatically when the date is filled out in my custom field, the Git Hash (also a custom field) is present, and the approvals are either all approved, or Not Required. The approvals are all buttons that fill in a list field. All of these are custom fields. (Changed the names of the custom fields but that shouldn't matter) This will only happen for the one transition from the Review state for the issueType 'My Product'. I'm using the Issue Updated event (which from some googling I thought was the correct one). But for some reason This is still not working. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Event: Issue Updated

Condition:

issue.issueType.name == 'My Product' && \
issue.status.name == 'Review' && \
cfValues['Group1 Approval'] in ['Approved', 'Not Required'] && \
cfValues['Group2 Approval'] in ['Approved', 'Not Required'] && \
cfValues['Group3 Approval'] in ['Approved', 'Not Required'] && \
cfValues['My Date'] && cfValues['Git Hash']

I've also tried a blank Condition statement, which works because then it always evaluates to true, but that circumvents the requirements for it to auto-transition (so that's not a solution).  I also tried turning this all into an if-statement comparing the cfValues directly using == instead, and adding the Event: All Issue Events, and Generic Events. But that doesn't work either. I'm kind of at a loss at to why everything is evaluating to false. Hopefully someone can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong.

0 answers

Suggest an answer