List all the columns in an issue

Jack August 25, 2022

Hello Team , I'm new to Jira and python ..I tried different online solutions to get all the columns in any issue but not able to get those to a data frame and save the data to CSV.

can any one share a code to get all the columns (custom columns also) from any given issue from jira using Python , save those columns data into data frame and to CSV.

Thanks in advance...

Jack

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2022

I am not sure that your question is clear.

Issues do not have columns, they are shown in columns on boards, depending on their status and the board configuration.  So I don't quite know what you are looking for.

Do you mean you want to get the current status of issues from a REST call?

Jack August 27, 2022

Yes I'm getting data into JSON using REST call but now how to loop through the JSON file and get each column values from it to an CSV. Pls share any sample on it possible.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2022

I can't help you with the python, it's on my to-do list to learn it.

All I can tell you is that you'll need to read the board configuration to see what status are mapped where, and then go through the JSON to work out where each issue falls based on its current status.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

@Jack 

Please accept the answer if it helped your query 

Thanks

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

Hi @Jack

Here is the Doc ref

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-createmeta-get

It's REST API which provides the data& querying

?fields=all

Would return all the fields

As given in the doc, you can also query specific fields as well

This parameter may be specified multiple times. For example, fields=field1,field2& fields=field3

Thanks,

Pramodh

Jack August 25, 2022

Thanks @Pramodh M - I got all the issues in a JSON format {data here } ..now how can I get all the columns in that string separated by , into Data frame..

Thanks again..

Jack August 25, 2022

I was able to get all the data from Issues to a Json file but now I have to read that file and get all the column names and data into a CSV..any sample code will help us a lot

Suggest an answer