Linking specific knowledge base articles to specific service desk tickets

Harry Dawson May 5, 2022

Hello,

When using Service Desk, I find that the knowledge base articles related to the ticket that I'm handling can sometimes be misleading, out of date or not related to the ticket at all.

I was wondering if there was a way to be able to link specific confluence pages to specific service desk tickets.

I have fiddling with the knowledge base settings page on the project settings of the service desk but I can't seem to get this to work.

I have done the following (hopefully someone can point out what I've done wrong):

• In the knowledge base setting page, set request form A to Search KB = yes and Restrict to Articles with Labels = XYZ
  • On the confluence page I want linked with request form A created a label = XYZ

However when looking at current tickets and new tickets with of request form type A the labeled page does not appear in the related knowledge base articles section.

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

@Harry Dawson Welcome to the Atlassian community

The labels on the KB articles in Confluence are used to relate the KBs to the request types in the portal.  The recommendations on the issues are by keywords and use the labels if it matches a keyword.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2022

@Harry Dawson Can you accept the answer so others can find the correct answer.  

Suggest an answer