Linking Confluence URLs to JIRA issues via Bulk upload

meenu_hooda May 19, 2023

Hi,

I want to link different Confluence spaces to different JIRA Sub-tasks, is there any mechanism of doing this? Can we do it via Bulk Upload?

I do know that Confluence space can be linked in Sub-tasks using "Link Confluence Page" available under Link Issues. But can this be achieved via Bulk upload as I've to link several Confluence pages to multiple of sub-tasks. 

Please let me know if we any better time saving method for doing this.

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

You can't achieve that out of the box. However, you can use the remote issue link API to bulk update issues and add the web link.

Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available in Automation for Jira, which could facilitate the automation and bulk update of the web links. There is an open feature request at the Atlassian public issue tracker gathering interest you can vote on. For more details, see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-289.

I'll leave a link to a knowledge base and another reference that could help you understand how to use the API. You might need to adjust a few things as you're on Cloud.

meenu_hooda May 22, 2023

Thanks @Ivan Lima   for responding on it with related KBs. I'll check this.

Like Ivan Lima likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events