Linked tickets

Ryan Netram January 13, 2021

In the early stages of implementing a SPOC model, we need to be able to link issues between the service desk team and developers.  The problem is attachments are not populated when we try and link tickets.  Also when we update a ticket the linked ticket does not see the update.  Is there a fix or an add-in that can help?

Thank You in Advance,

Ryan 

3 answers

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi Ryan,

I can confirm that if you are using Jira Cloud that you can use then you can use the Clone Issue post function which ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud provides as documented here.

This post funciton will allow you to clone the issue to another project and link it back during a workflow transition and when cloning the issue all system fields are copied including attachments.

You can also specify some code in the Additional Code box to control how fields like attachments are copied incase you do not want to copy some attachments and we have examples of how this here that you may find useful.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi @Ryan Netram 

The app Elements Copy & Sync might be what you are looking for. It lets you copy, link, and sync issues from one project to another automatically.

It has recently been released on Cloud as well, and you can see a demo of how copying and synchronizing issues works on cloud over here: https://youtu.be/SQlQTkSzIeI

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

@Ryan Netram 

Welcome to community.  If you are on Server like the submission says you can use JSU or scriptrunner to accomplish the copying of the attachments, issues, etc. and link the two together.   In the past when I have worked with units where they copied everything and kept everything tightly synced it ended up becoming a very convoluted and difficult for the agents and developers to track.  I have seen better success using the plugins to add additional information to the linked issue like attachments and then constructing a strong business process and support it with Jira and Jira service management.  I have also had a lot of success using those tools JSU, ScriptRunner or Automation for Jira to help updated different parties about the status.  The new Jira Service Management Cloud product helps address a lot of the issues you are having and you might want to look into it. https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management

Ryan Netram January 13, 2021

Hello Brant,

Thanks for the information, we will be migrating to Jira Cloud in the new future.  Will look into this option further at that point.

Regards,

Ryan

Suggest an answer